IT’S NOT REALLY OVER!
I was very excited to present at this year’s AHS online summit for home educators in Australia!
Even as a seasoned homeschooling mum, I found the summit reassuring and the resources great to have on hand. It was wonderful to see we are not alone.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, and it is NOT TOO LATE to watch all of the presentations!
Distance is no problem for this summit because AHS is ALL ONLINE!
I loved talking with people about helping their children with learning, especially about the often stressful registration and reregistration process. I included HOW TO RECORD WHEN YOU HAVE HARDLY ANY RECORDS. I talked about how to document REAL LIFE as learning, according to the Australian National Curriculum, and NSW Syllabus.
There are over 3 hours, over two presentations, of my help available! There are many more hours from others
Yes, you can attend in your PJs!
I really enjoyed the Australian Homeschooling Summit. I’ve always wanted to go to homeschool conventions but cannot afford the entry fees/travel/accommodation so having this online was fantastic! I couldn’t make all of the live sessions but looked forward a cup of tea & tuning into the replay after the kids went to bed! Overall, it was very inspiring!
WHO ORGANISED IT?
My friend Kelly George of Fearless Homeschool put together a massive event between the week of February 4th to 15th BUT YOU CAN STILL VIEW IT ALL!!!
I liked that someone went to the effort of reaching out, sharing the energy of other homeschoolers and generally bring the homeschool community together.
The AHS was so well organised and I was very excited to be part of it! Kelly created a hub community for the presenters and we discussed prior and throughout what we would be presenting to best ‘dovetail’ in with one another.
Who did you or WILL you tune in for?
I was really pleased to hear Jen Bauer, Tamara Kelly and Beverley Paine. I expect I’ll learn more from Larteasha Griffen, as my business journey has picked up and I’m keen to transition DS14 into Tertiary Education, just like DD17 who is onto Diploma number 2 this year! Rachel Clark, and many more, who I’ve listed below.
Thank you so much for organising such a wonderful summit. It was an invaluable resource for a new homeschooler like myself. Being able to access it from the comfort of my own home was so convenient and realistically the only way I can access courses like this at this stage of my family life. Thank you again, I’m already looking forward to the next one!
Please purchase a ticket to see a variety of topics covered, which include:
- Oh no! I Forgot to Socialize the Kids! – Beverley Paine
- Learning Styles and Preferences – Beverley Paine
- Deschooling for Homeschoolers – Beverley Paine
- Taming the Curriculum Monster – Michelle Morrow
- Sustainable Homeschooling: enjoying the long haul – Kelly George
- Theme & Project Planning – Tamara Kelly
- Registering with HEU in Qld – Tamara Kelly
- Remove the stress from registration requirements and get on with real home education – Tamara Kidd
- How to retrospectively describe everyday life as educational attainment – Tamara Kidd
- Knowing What I Know Now – Belinda Letchford
- Multisensory Maths: Teaching Our Children Effectively Using Research-Based Solutions – Esther White
- Northern Territory Homeschool Registration – Jen Bauer
- How to be an Organised Homeschool Parent (no, this is not an oxymoron!) – Jen Bauer
- Travel with Kids: A Real World Education – Noela Dowling
- Is working from home an option for you and your family? – Larteasha Griffen
- Techniques for Tough Times: Lessons I am Learning on my Toughest Homeschool Days – Karen Willson
- Simply Homeschool: 7 Simple Steps to Create Your Own Curriculum – Karen Willson
- Prepare your NSW Registration Document in a Few Hours – (and what you DON’T need to do!) – Karen Willson
- Unschooling Teens: are they doing enough? – Rachael Clark
- Radical Unschooling Takes Trust – Rachael Clark
- Home Educating Teens & Beyond – Belinda Moore
- Hygge, Books & Homeschool – Renelle Jones
- Cornerstones of a Home-Centered Education – Nicolas Connault
- Centering Your Education Around Australian Living Books – Erin Hassett
- Striking the right balance so you don’t burnout – Shannon Young
- How you can include Aboriginal culture into your Homeschool lessons – Larteasha Griffin
- Fresh approaches for learning challenges – Crystel Poggioli
- Ancient Australia 101 – Nola Turner-Jensen
Full Schedule with details about the workshops
FREE STUFF AND DISCOUNTS FOR ATTENDEES!
(contact Kelly George from Fearless Homeschool as some discounts may have expired)
You get exclusive discounts, special deals, and offers from our presenters and sponsors
- free Field Journal for Nature Detectives from Nature Study Australia
- 4 week free trial to ABC Reading Eggs
- 25% off everything PLUS a free pencil pack with every order from Pascal Press
- pack of 5 printables, perfect for travelling or homeschooling families from The Sunshine Collective
And you get the recordings of every single workshop, so you can revisit them any time you need fresh ideas or a confidence boost.
*Full disclosure, if you purchase a ticket through my link I get a percentage of your sale. Thanks so much for helping to support me, I really appreciate it.